A Place For Parents

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

A Place For Parents
A Place For Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team SunnyYummies Hints and Tips Thread

3 posters

Go down

Team SunnyYummies Hints and Tips Thread Empty Team SunnyYummies Hints and Tips Thread

Post by Loopylis Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Got a good way to lose weight? A great recipe to share with your team mates? Or just got some good advice to share? Add it here!
Loopylis
Loopylis
Administator
Administator

Female Aries Age : 40
Birthday : 1984-04-04

http://lovetowatch.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Team SunnyYummies Hints and Tips Thread Empty Re: Team SunnyYummies Hints and Tips Thread

Post by Jen76 Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:22 pm

The two things that have helped me the most the last few months have been

- making sure I eat smaller portions (I used to eat the same as hubby, that was way too much)

-having a cup of hot chocolate occasionally instead of tea as then I don't feel the need to have chocolate "to go with it".

Hope that's helpful x
Jen76
Jen76

Female Taurus Age : 47
Birthday : 1976-04-26

Back to top Go down

Team SunnyYummies Hints and Tips Thread Empty Re: Team SunnyYummies Hints and Tips Thread

Post by marti Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm

thanks hun

make sure you drink your water also

marti
100 Posts
100 Posts

Female Taurus Age : 46
Birthday : 1977-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Loopylis Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Yes lots of water!! And Jen, have you tried Skinny Cow hot chocolate? I prefer it to normal hot choc now, and its fab cos its even lower calories lol!
Loopylis
Loopylis
Administator
Administator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen76 Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Not tried it, will give it a go. I've been having the Options ones - they're about 40 calories.
Jen76
Jen76

Back to top Go down

Post by marti Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 pm

does this hot choclate have alot of carbs in it? why i am asking is i am a diabetic

marti
100 Posts
100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen76 Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Per serving 5.8 grams in the Options, don't really understand carbs so don't know if that's a lot.

My brother's diabetic too. Are you insulin dependent hun?
Jen76
Jen76

Back to top Go down

Post by Loopylis Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:25 pm

In a skinny cow 10g serving with 200ml water, theres 3.9g carbs, of which:sugars is 3.6g if thats any help hun?
Loopylis
Loopylis
Administator
Administator

Back to top Go down

Post by marti Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:28 pm

that helps i am on insulin and other meds

marti
100 Posts
100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Post by Loopylis Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:02 am

Rifgt, as we had a bbq yesterday and I pigged out Sad I thought I would scour the net for some bbq diet tips -

~ Marinated Chicken

"4 chicken breasts, 2 tablespoons clear honey, 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce, juice & zest of one lime, 2 cloves of garlic. Mix up all marinade ingredients, stir in chicken, leave overnight then BBQ! Can either leave chicken whole or chop into chunks and cook on skewers.

~ Low-Fat Garlic Mushrooms

Take a large square of tin foil, spray with a light cooking spray, add some sliced mushrooms, a clove of crushed garlic, freshly milled salt and pepper and wrap up in a parcel. Cook the the parcel on the BBQ for about 15-20 minutes. Serve with French bread lightly toasted on the BBQ.

~ Potatoes

Jacket potatoes are one of the easiest things to cook on the BBQ. Simply wrap them in tin foil and place directly on the coals under the shelf and leave them for approx an hour, depending on size, whilst you cook the rest. Don’t worry if you have to wait for the rest - the potatoes will only improve with time!

~ Hot Corn

Sweetcorn cooked on the BBQ is delicious and acquires a taste unobtainable with any other form of cooking. Pre-boil it until just tender, to keep it juicy and speed up cooking time on the "Barbie". Then, place it directly on the grill and turn until charred on the outside. Resist the temptation for lashings of butter - you won’t need it!

~ Grilled Asparagus

Asparagus is said to be a delicacy and barbequed asparagus is no exception! Simply take a bunch, trim the bottoms, toss in a tbsp of olive oil and season with freshly milled salt and pepper. Pop on the grill for 2-3 minutes or until to desired tenderness - this one will wow your guests!

Dont forget to fill up on salads lol!!!
Loopylis
Loopylis
Administator
Administator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down